Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Busy busy busy

I have family in town from Malaysia this week, and it is kind of impairing my ability to keep up with the blog, so I apologize for that.

There is lots to talk about in the world of arts and politics. There is seemingly no good news coming out for the Bush administration right now, or rather I should say the bad news these days seems totally unspinnable, although I’m sure they’ll find a way to spin it. Atrios is keeping a good watch over the dribbling details of our massive human rights violations over in Iraq. Meanwhile in the arts, there are the now-thanks-to-Daniel-Okrent controversial Tony Awards of which George Hunka has written eloquently and passionately and rather representatively of my own opinions.

Also on the New York Times, in a cross roads of arts and politics, Luc Sante, writer of "Low Life" perhaps my favorite book about New York City, has a great piece on the Abu Ghraib scandal in the op/ed section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home