Sunday, May 23, 2004

I'm baaack

Special thanks go to talented actor, writer and blogger Rob Grace for filling in for me over the past few days. Give him a round of applause, folks. Hopefully we'll have some more guest bloggers coming in for a day or two over the next couple of months. I'm also toying around with adding multiple writers to the site, so instead of guest bloggers, we simply have a group of people writing, but I don't know yet. We're not that popular (fifty hits a day is our max right now) and I kind of like being lord of this domain. I'd love to know your thoughts about what to do with Parabasis. Let me know by e-mailing me at parabasisnyc@yahoo.com, or just posting in the comments section.

One of the great things Rob's posting did was give me the free time to think of some things to post about here. One thing I've realized I've been a little too obsessed with is currentness of what I'm talking about. This sometimes leads to hastily thought out, not particularly interesting or new content. I, after all, don't really have anything to say about the Tony awards (I really, really couldn't care less) but I do have some thoughts on te relationship between actors and the creative process, for example, that I'd like to share.

So expect a different kind of post over the next few days, at least for now. There'll be current events stuff too, but I've been thinking a lot about Abu Ghraib and its impact on us, the role of the artist in society, why we do theater, the idea of being giving as an artist etc, and I'd like to share some of that with you. I'll start by posting the first section of an essay I'm working on about the impact (culturally, of course!) of Abu Ghraib and the war in Iraq tonight. I hope you enjoy it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home