Friday, April 02, 2004

Coffee Wars

In my neighborhood are many many fine places to get coffee. My personal favorite is Boerum Hill Food Company, which proudly serves Peet’s Coffee, the deliciously strong San Francisco Treat. Anyway, with all of these independent coffeehouses (and coffeehouse-bakeries) it just really takes me aback that there is a Starbucks a block away from four good coffee places in my neighborhood. Let me revise that: four MUCH BETTER coffee places in my neighborhood.

I went into Starbucks and got some coffee for the first time in about a year and you know what? It’s no good. The latte tasted like hot milk, I was corrected for asking for a medium, and everything was overpriced. I really do not understand why in New York City of all places, which has plenty of coffee, people go to Starbucks. It’s crap. I’m sorry, people, but it’s expensive mediocre product. The beans themselves are okay, but no one there seems to know how to make coffee. I know I’m not the only one who has this problem.

Which is just a really long-winded introduction to this which my Cousin Drew sent me in the mail today.

I promise I’ll get back to blogging about culture and politics and such, but I thought this link above is funny. I’m just trying to spread some joy into our dark, dark lives

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home