Sunday, April 11, 2004

And none of them be missed no none of them be missed

Terry Teachout writes “James Tatarecently posted a list of "the last twenty books of fiction or literary essays I have read." I enjoy reading this kind of list, in much the same way that I like looking at other people’s bookshelves. When the listkeepers in question also happen to be famous, of course, the results are interesting for a different reason. Justice Holmes, for example, kept a written record of every book he read as an adult, and I find it both amusing and illuminating to know that he read (among many other things) both Swann's Way and Rex Stout. Yet I take equal pleasure in knowing what my fellow bloggers are reading, looking at, or listening to, not only because I’m interested in them as personalities but also because such knowledge can lift me out of my own preoccupations and preconceptions.”

Well, okay, Terry, I’ll make a list for you, although keep in mind that whilst doing a show, I tend to not read or see many movies or other plays or anything like that. Anyway, here we go:

Plays recently seen:
The Curvature of the Earth
King Lear
A Thought About Raya
Aunt Dan and Lemon

Music I’m Listening To:
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, “The Tyranny Of Distance”
The Decemberists, “Her Majesty the Decemberists”
(The Real) Tuesday Weld “I Lucifer”
Pullman, “Turnstyles and Junkpiles”
Bob Dylan, “Blonde on Blonde”

Web Animation I’m Watching Too Much Of:
Strindberg and Helium
Homestar Runner

Books I’ve Read Recently:
Candide
(re-read) A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again
Timon of Athens
Midnight’s Children

Last Movie I Watched on TV:
O, Brother, Where Art Thou?

Last Movie I Saw in a Theater:
I hate to admit it, but… Starsky and Hutch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home